Opening at the end of 2021, Joali Being in the Maldives will be launching a series of immersive wellness programmes that are designed to be transformative and educational. Jenny Southan reports
Complete with a team of in-house health gurus who “guide guests on a journey of self-discovery and renewal”, Joali Being says it combines “mindful movement and soulful relaxation with customised nutrition and interactive learning tailored to individual lifestyles and goals.
Its immersion programmes are centred around the “four pillars” of Joali Being – Mind, Skin, Microbiome and Energy. Guests experience curated treatments and therapies that reinforce each pillar and (hopefully) give them a sense of transcendence.
Programmes at Joali Being, which is located on the Maldivian island of Bodufushi in Raa Atoll, range from five nights to three weeks, although the Weight Rebalance programme has a minimum stay of ten nights.After undergoing an “Intelligent Movement Analysis” and “Integrative Health Assessment”, programmes are tailored to improve areas of focus such as strength and vitality, mental clarity and wellbeing, hormonal balance, women’s health, digestive and weight rebalance, restorative sleep, and immunity.Wellbeing consultations, free group classes and learning activities are included for all guests, while immersion programmes offer personalised diagnostics such as a nutrition consultation, a lifestyle assessment, and 3D fitness and alignment.
Immersion Programmes include:
- Joali Being Discovery – A foundation programme to introduce the Four Pillars of Joali Being with the aim of reaching a better understanding of your optimal wellbeing path through exercise, nutritional guidance, self-care practices and mindfulness rituals.
- Energy – Designed for those who would like to regain vitality and improve stamina, and increase strength and energy. Focusing on intelligent movement analysis, creative exercise sessions, and energy balancing treatments, mind-body connection will be strengthened to build resilience and re-energise for a newfound sense of balance.
- Mind – Focusing on the development of mindfulness and learning how to achieve more awareness and present moment connectivity in everyday modern life, to improve wellbeing, overcome stress, and maximise performance and productivity. Immerse in the present moment through grounding and restorative practices, transformative sound therapy sessions, energy balancing treatments and mindful movement exercises.
- Skin – For those who wish to learn about the intricate connection between our digestive health and our skin. Seeing the skin as a reflection of your inner health, Joali Being combines personalised nutritional guidance with crafted body and face educational treatments to bring forth a new sense of confidence and radiance.
- Weight Rebalance – Designed for those who wish to deepen their understanding of sustainable weight management and integrate this knowledge into a lifestyle that is effortless to maintain. Journeys will begin with an in-depth integrated nutritional consultation followed by personal movement sessions, culinary workshops and education on microbiome health.As you can see from these images, Joali Being has extensive health and wellness facilities that are spread across the Maldivian island. These include…
- Areka – The entrance to the retreat’s transformational spaces, which acts as a consultation and reception area to the property’s 39 treatment rooms, diagnostic services and learning programmes.
- Aktar – Joali Being’s herbology centre in partnership with Herba Farm and inspired by a spice market. Guests are able to address any Mind, Microbiome, Skin, and Energy concerns with the resident herbologist who can prepare herbal teas for any kind of physical or mental ailment, create natural cosmetics and massage oils, as well as offer workshops for guests to learn about the science behind the health benefits of herbs and oils.
- Seda – A sound therapy hall to restore inner balance, created by sound healing visionary and Joali Being collaborator Aurelio C Hammer.
- The Discovery Sound Path – A secluded palm-fringed sound therapy oasis featuring nine unique instruments that resonate with the natural rhythms of the island, also created by Aurelio C Hammer.
- Core – an open-plan fitness centre, home to resident movement coaches.
- Kaashi – A hydrotherapy hall home to a Russian Banya, an Aufguss Sauna, a Sensory Deprivation Room, and a Salt Inhalation Room.
- Ocean Sala – an overwater body and mind area that includes an anti-gravity yoga pavilion and meditation deck.
- The Learning Centre – home to educational culinary, herbology and wellbeing workshops. The 66 sqm Culinary Centre accommodates up to six people for interactive cooking and herbology classes, while the Inspiration Room offers wellbeing educational experiences such as yoga and meditation for larger groups.
In total the retreat has 68 guest villas with pools, consisting of 33 beach villas and 35 water villas.
Joali Being has villas from US$2,142 per night based on two people sharing an Ocean Pool Villa on a B&B basis. Immersion Programmes start from US$1,665 per person based on a five-night Joali Being Discovery Programme. (Joali Being has a minimum stay of five nights.)